Where reading is a way of life

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Fire Country Playlist


So today I am going to share with you my personal playlist for Fire Country!  I have some pretty diverse selections here, I really didn't stick to a particular genre theme.  I was more concerned with the lyrics.  Just beware, I will be describing my choices and there may be some spoilers involved!  Enjoy!

My Playlist




The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti & Spearhead  This is a pretty jaunty song for a pretty dark world.  I picked it because it makes me think of Siena and Circ and their friendship at the beginning.  Circ is really Siena's only brightness in her world.  A lot of the lyrics make me think of Fire Country as well.
Stand by Rascal Flatts   I thought of this song for the scene were Circ and Siena are being bullied and tormented by Hawk. Again, its a pretty upbeat song--if I fit every song to every mood, this would be a pretty depressing playlist!  But the lyrics are perfect!
Monster by Skillet  Finally a dark song that really represents things!  This is Roan's song.  Enough said.
Roar by Katy Perry I am hooked to this song at the moment.  This made me think of the Tug hunt.  Specifically in how Siena's feeling when she sees Circ in danger.  It also makes me think of Lara, who probably is more like the voice in the song. They are both extremely brave in this scene!
Slow and Steady by Of Monsters And Men This one is for Siena and Circ, and how their relationship slowly evolves.  They can't be together, but that doesn't seem to stop them!  Love the feel of this song and the lyrics.
Pacha Nights by Cafe Chilout de Ibiza This one is Perry the Prickler's song!  Don't give me that look, Perry had to have a song! This made me think of him!
Black Balloon by The Goo Goo Dolls  I love the Goo Goo Dolls. This song is the part in the book after Circ dies, and how Siena deals with it.
For Good by the cast of Wicked This is a tribute to the friendship of Siena and Circ, and also a little bit of Siena and her mom.  My favorite song from Wicked!
Now by Paramore I love Paramore!  This song is for a very dark scene when Siena is almost raped and then runs away from her village.  
Try by Pink This song is all about the Wild Ones, and how Siena learns how to fight and basically channel her inner strength.  
This Is War by Thirty Seconds to Mars This song represents the epic battle scene at the end of the novel.
Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts  Can you tell I love Rascal Flatts? Hehe.  This is at the very end, for the reunion between Siena and Circ.  

And that's it!  Leave me any comments if you think of any songs I should add!  I love suggestions!

3 comments:

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!