Where reading is a way of life

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Readathon



I'm all about Readathons lately, as they are giving me that extra push on my reading! Found another fun one to participate in!  This one has live Twitter chats and all kinds of other fun things, so I'm super excited!

Here are the Deets

Here's what you have to do:

1. Post on your site and declare your intentions to join us. It's EASY. Grab the official blurb (below) and our button (in the sidebar) and create a post.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

2. Add your link to the linky in this post.

3. There will be an OPTIONAL Social Hour sign up beginning on August 5th. Check back on that date for more details.

4. On August 19th, READ!


Sign up HERE

_______________________________________________________


My Progress

Day 1
Uglies by Scott Westerfield--448 pages, 4 stars
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen--250 pages, 4 stars

Day 2
Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg--261 pages, 4 stars
Graceling by Kristin Cashore (reread)--471 pages, 5 stars

Day 3

2 comments:

  1. You did awesome! I haven't read Dreamland yet, but I'm kind of scared to ... I read one older book by Sarah and it wasn't my favourite. I think it was her first one? I definitely like the direction she's taken with her most recent novels! Anyway, good luck with the read-a-thon -- you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked it!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!