Where reading is a way of life

Thursday, November 7, 2013

End of the Year 2013 Reading Cram Read-a-thon!


Dana from Danasquare and I are hosting a read-a-thon!  It is called the End of the Year 2013 Reading Cram, and will run from Dec. 9-22nd!

If you are anything like me you have a huge stack (or even bookcases) full of book you haven't read. Did you have a goal for how many books you wanted to read during the year? Are you behind like I am? 

Then this is the perfect time to read as much as you can before the new year! 

Why should you participate?
1. To chisel off some of your TBR pile.
2. Do all the fun challenges and win some prizes.
3. Encourage others to read like a speed demon (and yourself) + reading with others is loads of fun. 

So let's get in our last books of 2013 together in the #ReadingCram ! 

Listed below are all the things you need to know and the linky to sign up!

Requirements 
You must post a Sign Up Post (Must be linked down below in the linky, this is to spread the word)
Must have our graphic
Links to our blogs
Name, dates of the read-a-thon
Any personal goals (optional)
You may put up your post on your blog, Tumblr, or Youtube (if they don't have a blog)

Please tweet using #ReadingCram. To stay updated and to share what your reading! 

It would mean so much to Dana and I if you sign-up! This is our first read-a-thon that we are hosting together and we are beyond excited! We would love to host more so we want this one to turn out great!!
If you have any questions either Dana or I can answer them!
Comment Below, In the form, or email  danasquare3(at)aol(dot)com or juliababyjen(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Here are the Challenges  you can look forward to seeing: We are still in need of hosts if you want to host a challenge all the info can be found HERE
Dec. 9  TBR Challenge (Hosted by Juliababyjen)
Dec 10  Teaser Challenge --Open the current book you are reading to a random page and post 2 sentences on Twitter or Facebook and leave the link
Hosted by Tanya@Book Loving Hippo
Dec 11 Top Ten Books You Read in 2013--make a post, take a pic, leave links Hosted by Jessica @ Let Me Tell You A Story
Dec 12 Spine Poetry--using any books you've read in 2013--leave a link of pic Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale
Dec 13 Favorite Book-to-Movie Release in 2013--post on Twitter or Facebook, leave a link Emily @ Falling for YA
Dec 14 Seasonal Challenge (must be books read in 2013) post links Michelle @ BookBriefs
Recommend a book good for a snow day
Recommend a book good for a rainy day
Recommend a book good for a beach day
Recommend a book good for a spooky night
Dec 15 Twitter Synopsis Challenge--pick any book read in 2013, and describe the book using only 166 characters.  May do on any social site, leave link Cindi @Mommasez
Dec. 16 Movie cast challenge--pick any book read in 2013, and create a real life cast of characters--post links Hosted by Alex @ Book Chick
Dec 17 Song Challenge--pick any book read in 2013, and choose a song(s) that best describes the book.  You can even create a playlist if you want!--post links to songs (youtube, spotify, etc) Tanya @ Book Loving Hippo
Dec 18 Post a Review Challenge--leave a link to any review you posted for a book read in 2013--any site where review is Munira @ In Vogue With Books
Dec 19 Spine Poetry--any books read in 2013, but must use titles that have 4 words or less for this one Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings
Dec 20 Spell it out challenge--Use the first letter in any book you read in 2013 to spell out a word--can choose first name, initials, your birthday month, or your zodiac sign. Post links
EX.  J--Just One Day by Gayle Forman
E--Enclave by Ann Aguiree
N--Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
N--Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Y--You Are Mine by Janael Falor
For the letters Q,U,V,X,Y,and Z they can be anywhere in the title
Kim @ Kimberly Faye Reads
Dec 21 Most Anticipated 2014 Releases--post links Hosted by Alex @ Book Chick

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for this to start. I've completed my reading challenge for the year, but I have a large amount of books I've been meaning to read for a while, so I'm hoping this will be just the motivation I need.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in the fun!! I have made my total book goal, but there are several books that I wanted to read this year that I haven't gotten to. Hope this helps!! ;)

      Delete
  2. This is perfect! I have a huge pile of eARCs and review books to finish before the new Year! This is gonna be great because I need to plow through them :)
    Looking forward to it!
    -Diamond @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diamond For some reason your link was removed I am not sure if that is a problem on our part or yours just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed it! I added it Gain, which is fine bc I have my sign up post up now anyway :)

      Delete
  4. I love this, but I am wondering if there was any e-mail subscription to sign up for. I signed up to follow you all sorts of ways, and I noted all dates and challenges, but I would love to follow you by e-mail. Any way to do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have an email set up for my blog! Maybe I should do that! If you follow me on Twitter, I'll count that :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea! I love it, and it gives me something fun to do over the Christmas period :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, thanks for joining in!! That was kind of my thought while planning it!

      Delete
  6. This is wonderful and I am so excited to take part. Is there anyway to grab the button for the challenge that links back to your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!