Contemporaries. Most are centered around romance, but not all. They can be fun, light and fluffy--or dramatic, dark, and heart breaking. Its not my most favorite genre, but I have found some amazing books over the last year in this category. And I read quite a few! Here are my faves! And if you attempt to read any of these, get your tissues ready!
10. Being Henry David by Cal Armistead
9. Hate List by Jennifer Brown
8. Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter
7. Looking for Alaska by John Green
6. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
5. Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
4. Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
2. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
What about you? What were your favorite contemporaries this year?