Ahhh...dystopians. One of my true YA loves. There is something about a good dystopian...the crazy world ending fear, drama, and action...sometimes a little romance on the side that is such a sharp constrast to the horror...and then people who risk everything and manage not to die--and maybe get a little "something something" on the side!
This year was an explosion in dystopians. I read some great, some not so great. The following stood out above all the rest. And months later, some of them still haunt me! And some of them I'm anxiously awaiting the sequels!
12. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
10. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
9.Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
8. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
7.Unwind by Neal Shusterman
6. Ashfall and Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
5. The Sun Dwellers by David Estes
4. The Country Saga (Fire Country, Ice Country, Water & Storm Country) by David Estes
3. The Earth Dwellers by David Estes
1. Prodigy and Champion by Marie Lu
What were your favorite dystopians you read in 2013?