Where reading is a way of life

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday 1/8


Wishlist Wednesday is a blog hop meme hosted by Pen to Paperwhere we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

I haven't participated in this meme in quite awhile!  I have so many on my wishlist right now--so many new releases coming out that I can't wait to own!  Why is everything releasing in January?  Don't these publishers realize we have no money left after Christmas?  

Anywho, today's Wishlist Wednesday is...


The Offering by Kimberly Derting
True love—and world war—is at stake in the conclusion to The Pledge trilogy, a dark and romantic blend of dystopia and fantasy.
Charlie, otherwise known as Queen Charlaina of Ludania, has become comfortable as a leader and a ruler. She’s done admirable work to restore Ludania’s broken communications systems with other Queendoms, and she’s mastered the art of ignoring Sabara, the evil former queen whose Essence is alive within Charlie. Or so she thinks.

When the negotiation of a peace agreement with the Queendom of Astonia goes awry, Charlie receives a brutal message that threatens Ludania, and it seems her only option is to sacrifice herself in exchange for Ludanian freedom.

But things aren’t always as they seem. Charlie is walking into a trap—one set by Sabara, who is determined to reclaim the Queendoms at any cost.

I'm beyond excited for the final book in this wonderful dystopian/fantasy!  And I'm always excited by anything that Kimberly Derting writes!

So what is on your wishlist this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of this series, but I'm popping the first book on my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of The Pledge on my shelf and also still need to read it. I also love Derting's another work, The Body Finder and excited to read this series as well. Great pick this week! =)

    My WW : http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2014/01/wishlist-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this in the post yesterday! Cant wait to read it and OMG the cover is so pretty IRL!! Hope you get it soon :)
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/01/wishlist-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has amazing cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover! it is what drew me to this series. I have to to start it!! It's on my Kindle. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/wishlist-wednesday-81.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I'm always left behind on cool books. This trilogy sounds like something else, plus Fantasy & Dystopia? Both genres I love! And I feel you there, it is a very bad idea to release new books on January!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series, but I loved her Body Finder books!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!